Welcome to the Episcopal Church of St. Mary-in-the-Highlands website.
The Episcopal Church of St Mary-in-the-Highlands has been literally at the heart of Cold Spring since 1840. The current Church was erected in 1868.
Sunday Masses are at 8:00 and 10:30 am. We offer child care and Sunday School during the 10:30 am service.
St Mary's is a vibrant parish community consisting of a cross section of young families, middle-aged empty nesters, professionals, retired seniors and others.
Located in the Cold Spring National Register Historic District, our beautiful stone Church nestled in the spectacular Hudson Highlands has been called The Cathedral of the Hudson Valley for its graceful grey granite spire rising 128 feet above the village of Cold Spring. Read more "About Us"
We have a marvelous hall that is available for rentals. It is equipped with a full commercial kitchen and you will find it perfect for meetings, weddings, and receptions of all kinds. Be sure to visit our "Parish House" page for more information.
A Welcome To Visitors
Parish Events & Updates
- Here's our schedule of events for Christmas Eve and Day.
View and Download the Flyer Here.
- For your convenience, you may now purchase your General Admission Ticket ($20.00/person) to one of St. Mary’s major holiday events - Handel’s Messiah on December 22 at 2:00 pm and 5:00 pm, arranged and conducted by Gordon Stewart to benefit St. Mary’s and the Phlipstown Food Pantry - from our Senior Warden, Ralph Arce, either by e-mail at RalphArce168@gmail.com or via telephone at 845-440-8290.
General Admission Tickets ONLY are also available at Kringels Christmas House, 134 Main Street, Beacon, New York.
All other categories (Supporter $100.00; Sponsor $250.00; Benefactor $500.00) are only obtainable online - please see link above.
PLEASE NOTE: If you are making a donation of more than $100.00 and do not want to go through the online service, you may MAIL your check to St. Mary's at the ATTN OF "Handel's Messiah". Please indicate which performance that you want to attend as well.
- The December 08th Bulletin can be viewed Here.
- The Farmers’ Market will open its doors at St. Mary’s Parish Hall from 8:00 am – 1:30 pm, every Saturday until Springtime.
- St. Mary’s Christmas Fair - Saturday, December 7 from 9:30 am to 4:00 pm in the Parish Hall. There will be ‘Gift Baskets’ for sale to please everyone’s taste and budget; hand-knitted, crocheted and sewn articles; baked goods, soups, stews, sauces, salad dressings, honey and more. We are also offering Christmas decorations, baubles, decorated wreaths and Christmas Trees.
The Church itself will show a display of documents, photographs and other artifacts of St. Mary’s and Cold Spring’s past at its interesting and informative Historical Exhibit.
Don’t miss Cold Spring’s Candlelight and Historic Houses Tour (the Rectory is included in the Tour) - for more information please contact the Cold Spring Area Chamber of Commerce at tel. 845-265-3200.
Be welcomed to these wonderful events - enjoy this festive season !
- Lastly since we are getting closer to the end of this year and would like to start the New Year with the Saturday Evening Mass in place, we are looking for an additional Chalice Bearer and someone from the Altar Guild, willing to do double-duty. Please see the Sign-up sheet in the back of the Church – thank you!
A very Important Plea! We need the assistance of every parishioner to help St. Mary’s to be prepared for the cold weather season and the unavoidable fuel and snow removal costs. Contributions to the cause may be mailed to The Rectory, att. Fr Shane, or sent electronically via PayPal from St. Mary’s Website at http://stmaryscoldspring.org. In the Nov 17th Bulletin, there will once again be a Fuel/Snow Envelope for your convenience as well.
Many, many thanks for your thoughtfulness!
Father Shane is reminding all parishioners in this special message not to forget the less fortunate among us who have fallen on hard times and asks for your kind consideration by helping to replenish the almost empty Discretionary Fund - no amount will be too small. Thank you, and may God bless you for your generosity!
Pastoral Care - Please help us help others. If you know someone who is sick, injured, hospitalized, etc., please contact Ruth Eisenhower. Thank you.
Fr Shane Scott-Hamblen,
BMus, STB, MA, STL, Rector
"Messiah" at Saint Mary's Church, Cold Spring New York - December 22
Click Here for more info. and to purchase tickets !!