Welcome to the Episcopal Church of St. Mary-in-the-Highlands website.
The Episcopal Church of St Mary-in-the-Highlands has been literally at the heart of Cold Spring since 1840. The current Church was erected in 1868.
Sunday Masses are at 8:00 and 10:30 am. We offer child care and Sunday School during the 10:30 am service.
St Mary's is a vibrant parish community consisting of a cross section of young families, middle-aged empty nesters, professionals, retired seniors and others.
Located in the Cold Spring National Register Historic District, our beautiful stone Church nestled in the spectacular Hudson Highlands has been called The Cathedral of the Hudson Valley for its graceful grey granite spire rising 128 feet above the village of Cold Spring. Read more "About Us"
We have a marvelous hall that is available for rentals. It is equipped with a full commercial kitchen and you will find it perfect for meetings, weddings, and receptions of all kinds. Be sure to visit our "Parish House" page for more information.
A Welcome To Visitors
Parish Events & Updates
- The Sunday, March 26th Bulletin is posted Here..
- March 25th: St. Pats Dinner. 6:30pm in the Hall
- March 26th: The Last History of Christianity Class and Lunch. Noon in the Hall
- March 31st: Fellowship Supper at 6:00pm in the Hall
- Every Friday evening during Lent at 6:00 pm St. Mary's will conduct the service of Stations of the Cross in the Church.
- Anyone wishing Confirmation, Baptism or Reception into The Episcopal Church has the perfect opportunity to do so at the time of the Visitation of Bishop Dietsche to St. Mary's on Sunday, April 2. Please see Fr Shane.
- FUEL OFFERING - In the back of the Church are envelopes for your "FUEL OFFERING". Cold weather is again upon us and that means extra expense. We keep the temperature down in the Church and the Parish Hall when not in use, but even so, our winter costs are formidable. Please give generously and print clearly on the envelope. Thank you !!
Pastoral Care - Please help us help others. If you know someone who is sick, injured, hospitalized, etc., please contact Father Shane. Thank you very much....
Dr. Shane Scott-Hamblen,
BMus, STB, MA, STL, Rector
If you have never visited St. Mary's or attended one of the Masses celebrated by Father Shane, please accept our invitation to come join us.
Facebook page ! "Like Us".
Many pictures there to enjoy as well.